Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tummy soothers

Ah, stress. I'm under a lot of stress this week and I can tell - lots of trips to the bathroom. The fun of having Crohn's.

I did discover something yummy, though. Both cinnamon and cumin are tummy soothers - and lord knows I need tummy soothers this week. I was watching Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa D'Arabian on Sunday and she made a pork loin. The rub was a cumin-cinnamon mixture - she then covered the loin with an herbed crust, which was a bit more than I normally do, but the rub sounded amazing. And I had pork chops in the fridge...

The rub is very, very simple - equal parts cumin and cinnamon, with a healthy pinch of salt and some fresh cracked pepper (she used cayenne, but I went for soothing and not spicy). Rub into the pork - it's smoky-smelling in the raw, but when the rub starts cooking, the sweet of the cinnamon comes out and it smells AMAZING. It also tastes amazing.

I highly recommend it.

I'm planning on an orgy of cooking next week (post-stress. I always cook post-stress) and possibly some baking. Look for recipes and another post next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment